Decentraland, The Sandbox and Axie Infinity among most expensive NFT sales
Virtual land in the metaverse is in high demand as land in Decentraland, Axie Infinity and The Sandbox sells for millions of dollars. Half of the biggest NFT purchases from last week involved virtual worlds, giving the buyers a piece of land or virtual property. With a $2.4 million price tag, the Fashion Street Estate in Decentraland took the crown.
The $2.4 million Fashion Street Estate in Decentraland already made headlines last week, as it became the most expensive virtual land purchase ever. However, this estate consists of 116 land parcels. The buyer can cut the estate into pieces and sell it as smaller bundles. The Axie Infinity Genesis Plot that sold for $2.33 million, on the other hand, is literally just one land plot.
On the fifth spot in the list we find another Decentraland estate, titled Book Local. Elsewhere, two purchases involving The Sandbox taking 8th and 9th place. The purchase of the Metaflower Mega Ship is especially interesting, because it does not involve any virtual land. Instead the land owner can deploy this NFT on their virtual land as an attraction.
Top 10 NFT Sales – November 22-28, 2021
- Fashion Street Estate, DCL – $2.42 million / 618.000 MANA – Buyer’s wallet
- Axie Infinity Genesis Plot – $2.33 million / 550 WETH
- CryptoPunk #4613 – $1.18 million / 275 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
- Bored Ape #9449 – $1.17 million / 285 ETH – Buyer’s wallet*
- Book Local, DCL – $1.08 million / 210.000 MANA – Buyer’s wallet
- CryptoPunk #5169 – $925.050 / 217 ETH – Buyer’s wallet*
- CryptoPunk #6581 – $671.530 / 160 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
- Metaflower Mega Ship, The Sandbox – $646.560 / 149 WETH – Buyer’s wallet**
- The Sandbox Bundle – $646.560 / 149 WETH – Buyer’s wallet**
- CryptoPunk #2953 – $629.560 / 150 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
(* = buyer with $5.7 million portfolio // ** = buyer with $64 million worth of ETH)
Metaverse just getting started
Ever since Mark Zuckerberg renamed his company to Meta, there has been an unprecedented demand for virtual land in the metaverse. Where the crypto market dips, tokens for The Sandbox, Somnium Space and Decentraland shoot up. Investors clearly want a piece of the metaverse, and there’s a whole selection of projects lined up to offer it.
Decentraland, The Sandbox, Cryptovoxels and Somnium Space are the most common names, but there’s more. TCG World, Substrata, Netvrk and WorldWideWeb3 are just some of the alternatives looking to attract an audience and become an integral part of the metaverse.