Trending Dapps | Week #4 | 2022
Your weekly update to discover new dapps in a variety of categories, including DeFi yield farms, NFT collections, and play-to-earn games. This week we check out some of the hottest play-to-earn and GameFi opportunities. DeFi across several blockchains and as always, a look at six exciting NFT drops making waves right now.
The blockchain is full of dapps that are under constant development. At DappRadar we track thousands of them across more than 20 different blockchains. Every week DappRadar dives into the ecosystem to uncover the dapps that are trending, upcoming, and interesting to discover. No matter whether it’s DeFi on Ethereum, an NFT collection on Wax, or yield farming on Binance Smart Chain, we got you covered.
DeFi & Yield Farming
When we talk about DeFi, often we mention Uniswap, SushiSwap, and PancakeSwap. These big protocols exist on Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, and Polygon. However, every blockchain offers DeFi opportunities, so we highlight some of the upcoming platforms.
- Decentralized exchange on Binance Smart Chain with a three-type referral system and low fees
- Powered by the BSW token
- Compound is an algorithmic, autonomous interest rate protocol
- Built for developers, to unlock open financial applications
- DEX aggregator solution
- Searches deals across multiple liquidity sources, offering users better rates than any individual exchange
- Curve is automated market-maker optimized for stablecoins
- Offer an exchange, and allows liquidity providers to earn fees and lending interest
- Raydium is an automated market maker (AMM) built on the Solana blockchain
- Leverages the central order book of the Solana based Serum DEX
- CronaSwap is a decentralized exchange platform on the Cronos Chain
- Guarantees superior speed and much lower network transaction costs
Play-to-Earn Games on Wax
Games are fun, but blockchain-powered games add a whole new economical layer to the experience. With gas fees peaking right now the Wax blockchain can offer a great solution. Suddenly you can play a game and make money from it. Not all games have the same type of financial incentives, but every blockchain asset gains value when a community grows.
- Hunt monsters, craft items, and become the greatest adventurer in this decentralized free-to-play RPG
- Become a dragon trainer, evolve your Dragons, help defeat the Goblin, return peace to Dragons Valley
- Receive rewards
- Xpansion is a decentralized 4x strategy game set in the near future powered by NFTs
- Available on both the BSC and WAX networks
- Where NFTs represent real products from real farms
- Build your farm, become co-owner of our land, produce your goods and receive them directly to your home or sell them on the real market.
- Midgard is a collection of limited edition PvE and PvP games based around digital trading cards
- Inspired by Scandinavian Mythology
- Space CraftX is a space NFT game on Wax
- Possibility to exchange game tokens for cryptocurrency
- Explore to collect cosmic dust, dark matter and waves
New NFT Collections
CryptoPunks and Art Blocks have become some of the most sought-after NFT collections out there. However, there are plenty of other projects that serve as great collectibles. Here we highlight six NFT projects that are interesting to explore with more drops on the horizon. Did you know you can buy and sell NFTs on DappRadar? Just log in and start using our Portfolio Tracker!
- A collection made by the VCR Group headed by industry veteran Gary Vee.
- Dining experience in one of New York’s most prestigious restaurants
- The collection of avatars launched on January 6th, but already reached $14 million in trading volume
- Ranked as the 21st most traded collection in the last 7 days
- Collaborative project between Chinese production company Ezek Group & PHANTACi
- Trading volume of nearly $29 million since launch
- 11th among the most traded collection in the last 7 days
- Developed by French fashion industry veterans who worked for Chanel and Louis Vuitton.
- The collection launched in mid-January and, two weeks after minting saw its highest sale of 40 ETH / $ 96,000
- Anime-inspired collection that seeks to establish a cult following by promoting art, music, and online community
- Total trading volume over $112 million in two weeks
- Currently the 5th most traded collection in the last seven days.
- BAYC inspired collection
- Strong social media presence
- Nearly 280,000 Twitter followers and 450,000 Discord users
- Floor price asset growth of 3700%.
Top NFT Shards
Given that NFTs are selling for notable amounts of money the idea of fractionalization is popping up, giving smaller investors a chance to get involved. The technical process of fractionalization, or sharding as it is also known, is quite simple. Take an NFT, lock it into a vault, and receive tokens in return. These tokens then represent ownership over the NFT that has been locked away, and their value increase or decrease means value fluctuations for the NFT asset. Investors can then buy these tokens and own a shard of the NFT. To learn more check out our complete guide to fractionalized NFTs.
- The infamous Doge NFT has been sharded in 1.1 billion pieces
- Each DOG token is currently worth $0.0103
- Etherrock was one of the first Ethereum collectible NFTs
- Each PEBBLE is currently worth $0.00143
- A collection of 104, floor priced CryptoPunks
- Each FLOOR token is currently worth $0.0448
The above does not constitute investment advice. The information given here is purely for informational purposes only. Please exercise due diligence and do your research. The writer holds positions in ETH, BTC, NIOX, AGIX, MATIC, MANA, SAFEMOON, SDAO, CAKE, HEX, LINK, GRT, CRO, OMI, GO, SHIBA INU, AND OCEAN.